by Bill Seidel
Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana and Us TOO International sponsored a successful seminar on prostate cancer and menâ€™s health on Saturday, September 18. The seminar was held at Cancer Services and featured six speakers addressing topics, such as PSA Screening and Active Surveillance, Surgical Options for Prostate Cancer, Systemic Treatments such as Immunotherapy and Provenge, Nutrition, Exercise and Enhancing Menâ€™s Sexual Health. Not surprisingly the session on enhancing sexual health was the most heavily attended. All speakers provided interesting information in an entertaining format. We hope to make this an annual event.
The Us TOO Information Table. Us TOO International provides extensive information on prostate cancer in all of its various forms and ramifications. The most popular publications were made available for attendees.
We are sponsoring a seminar on prostate cancer and men’s sexual health on Saturday, September 18, from 9 AM to 1 PM. The event will be held at our facility, 6316 Mutual Drive.
The seminar will feature the following presentations:
- Prostate Cancer: PSA Screening, and the Option of Watchful Waiting, presented by Jeff Schneider, M.D.
- Maintaining and Enhancing Menâ€™s Sexual Health, presented by Janet Casperson, PA
- The Role of Nutrition in Preventing and Fighting Prostate Cancer
- The Role of Exercise in Preventing and Fighting Prostate Cancer, presented by Michelle Lefevra
- Surgical Options for Treating Prostate Cancer, presented by Mark Dabagia, M.D.
- Systematic Treatment of Prostate Cacncer: Hormonal Therapy, Provenge Vaccine, and Chemotherapy, presented by Musaberk Goksel, M.D.
To reserve your spot, call (260) 484-9560, or for more information, visit cancer-services.org.