On Friday, August 13, several members of the Us TOO support group joined Parkview at Parkview Field for free PSA screenings. The Us TOO groups volunteered to help with registration and in turn were able to promote our Prostate Cancer Awareness intiatives.
This is the afternoon registration team. The tee shirts with blue ties are part of Cancer Servicesâ€™ annual prostate cancer awareness and educational events called â€œTie1on 4Prostate Cancer.â€ Pictured, from left to right: Front row: Jim Stein, Bob Vodde, Laine Seidel and back row: Fred Barnes, Larry Kumfer, Mel Smith, Bill Seidel, Paul Blanks
Registrars at work: Bob Vodde and Laine Seidel
The â€œOutdoor Crew,â€ which is particularly meaningful as temperatures were in the low 90s and heat indexes above 100. The entrance to the stadium is several hundred yards from the testing site, and the route between the two was not intuitive. These men guided people from the stadium entrance to the test site, and also provided wheel chair service to those who needed it. From left to right, the volunteers are Dan Rhodes and Jon Colbert.
Jon Colbert helps a gentleman who came to take advantage of the free PSA.
For more information about Cancer Services Tie1On4 Prostate Cancer activities, visit cancer-services.org.
We are sponsoring a seminar on prostate cancer and men’s sexual health on Saturday, September 18, from 9 AM to 1 PM. The event will be held at our facility, 6316 Mutual Drive.
The seminar will feature the following presentations:
- Prostate Cancer: PSA Screening, and the Option of Watchful Waiting, presented by Jeff Schneider, M.D.
- Maintaining and Enhancing Menâ€™s Sexual Health, presented by Janet Casperson, PA
- The Role of Nutrition in Preventing and Fighting Prostate Cancer
- The Role of Exercise in Preventing and Fighting Prostate Cancer, presented by Michelle Lefevra
- Surgical Options for Treating Prostate Cancer, presented by Mark Dabagia, M.D.
- Systematic Treatment of Prostate Cacncer: Hormonal Therapy, Provenge Vaccine, and Chemotherapy, presented by Musaberk Goksel, M.D.
To reserve your spot, call (260) 484-9560, or for more information, visit cancer-services.org.