September is prostate cancer awareness month, and we are proud to partner with The Indiana Cancer Consortium’s Prostate Cancer Coordinating Committee to present “Life with Prostate Cancer,” a seminar for prostate cancer patients, survivors, and loved ones. This seminar is designed to provide prostate cancer patients with information to live life more fully after diagnosis and treatment.
The seminar will be held at our facility on Tuesday, September 11, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., and features keynote presentations from Dr. Donald Urban of Parkview Physicians Group, as well as Dr. Theodore Wagner of Northeast Indiana Urology. Bill Seidel, a prostate cancer survivor, will give a special guest presentation on “Tricks Learned in Dealing with Prostate Cancer.” Topics of discussion will include survivorship, intimacy, and treatment.
For more information, please visit the ICC website or the Life with Prostate Cancer registration page. Reservations may also be made by calling Cancer Services at (260) 484-9560 or toll free 866-484-9560.
Excluding all types of skin cancer, prostate cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer and the second leading cause of cancer death among men in the United States and Indiana. Approximately 1 in 6 men in the United States will be diagnosed with prostate cancer and 1 in 36 will die from it during their lifetime (visit Prostate Cancer in Indiana to learn more).
We are sponsoring a seminar on prostate cancer and men’s sexual health on Saturday, September 18, from 9 AM to 1 PM. The event will be held at our facility, 6316 Mutual Drive.
The seminar will feature the following presentations:
- Prostate Cancer: PSA Screening, and the Option of Watchful Waiting, presented by Jeff Schneider, M.D.
- Maintaining and Enhancing Men’s Sexual Health, presented by Janet Casperson, PA
- The Role of Nutrition in Preventing and Fighting Prostate Cancer
- The Role of Exercise in Preventing and Fighting Prostate Cancer, presented by Michelle Lefevra
- Surgical Options for Treating Prostate Cancer, presented by Mark Dabagia, M.D.
- Systematic Treatment of Prostate Cacncer: Hormonal Therapy, Provenge Vaccine, and Chemotherapy, presented by Musaberk Goksel, M.D.
To reserve your spot, call (260) 484-9560, or for more information, visit cancer-services.org.