Thank you to everyone who joined Cancer Services for an evening of laughs! We had a blast and were able to raise more than $30,000 to help local people with cancer receive the support they need.
Please enjoy some of our favorite photos from photographer Jeremy Garner of JBG Photography.
Thank you again, and see you next year!
Hold on to your grocery lists!
Help support local people with cancer when you shop at Kroger during “Fight Cancer Day” on Wednesday, Oct. 3 and throughout the month of October.
On Wednesday, three percent of all sales across 17 Northeast Indiana Kroger stores will be donated to Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana, the American Cancer Society and Francine’s Friends.
You can also make a donation in the increments of $1, $3 or $5 at check-out throughout the month of October.
Don’t forget you can support Cancer Services all year round with your Kroger Plus Card. Click here to learn how.
Thank you for your generous support!
By enrolling your Kroger Plus Card into the Community Rewards Program, Cancer Services will be able to receive a quarterly donation from your purchases.
Last quarter, we were awarded nearly $600. A donation of this amount can help assist a client pay for pain and nausea medicine.
Follow the easy steps below to join today:
- Go to www.kroger.com/communityrewards
- Click “Create an Account” if you have a Kroger Plus Card, but do not have an online account. If you already have an online account and, your Plus Card is linked to your online account, click “Sign In.”
- Once you are signed in to your account, ensure that you are currently on the Community Rewards tab under “My Account” on the left side of the page. On the Community Rewards page, click “Enroll.”
- Ensure the “View By Type” filter is set to “All.” Type in Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana in the search bar or use our organization code: CW868.
- Click “Enroll” and you’re good to go! You will immediately begin supporting Cancer Services the next time you use your Kroger Plus Card.
Thank you for your generous support!
WHAT: “Kings of the Road: Music from Across the Tracks”
WHEN: 7:30 PM Saturday, October 20
WHERE: Concordia High School, 1601 St Joe River Dr, Fort Wayne, IN 46805
Tickets are now on sale for $15, and can also be purchased at the door. All ticket proceeds will benefit Cancer Services. Go to www.summitcitychorus.org for more information. Hope to see you there!
Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana is hiring an Outreach Coordinator. This is an opportunity to work for a great organization that helps thousands of people each year.
Click here for more information:
Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana is expanding our integrated services with new options in Wellness Therapy Sessions.
In addition to oncology-specialty massage, clients and / or caregivers can now choose from among three additional wellness therapies:
- Craniosacral Therapy is a gentle hands-on method that supports every system in the body, releasing tension and enhancing your body’s own ability to heal.
- Reiki is a Japanese word meaning “universal life force energy”. It addresses both chronic and acute conditions, gently and powerfully promoting balance among all the body’s systems.
- BodyTalk improves communication in the whole body-mind by redirecting the body’s natural healing ability through tapping. This brings optimal balance and communication to all cells and systems.
All sessions are done fully clothed while lying on a massage table.
Clients and caregivers can schedule a time and then choose the wellness therapy they want when they come in for the session.
Call 260.484.9560 or 866.484.9560 today for an appointment for a unique experience in wellness!
Supporters like you are creating opportunities to ensure people touched by cancer in our community receive the resources and services they need. It is our hope you will join us in supporting their tremendous efforts.
We continue to be appreciative of the support from our community, and would be so delighted to know if you are planning an upcoming event in support of Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana. Please give us a call at 260-484-9560.
The 22nd Annual “Swing for Cancer Services” Golf Outing
Sponsored by Cobblestone Ladies Golf Association
When: Registration is at 7 a.m. June 19, 2018; tee-off at 8 a.m.
Where: Cobblestone Golf Course and Event Center, 2702 Cobblestone Lane Kendallville, IN 46755
Cost: Entry is $75 per lady golfer or $300 per team. Registration deadline is June 8. For more information, call the Cobblestone Pro Shop, 260-349-1550.
This event features breakfast, lunch, a raffle and all-around good time!
Cancer Services would like to thank the Cobblestone Ladies Golf Association, who work tirelessly to raise funds in support of local people touched by cancer.
Norm’s Birthday Bash on Cancer
When: 7 p.m. Friday, June 29, 2018
Where: Calhoun Street Soups, Salads and Spirits, 1915 S Calhoun St., Fort Wayne. IN 46802
Cost: Tickets are $20 each; $30 at the door; click here to purchase tickets.
Join us for food, friends, and a whole lot of fun as we celebrate
Norm Newman’s birthday. The event’s proceeds will be benefit Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana and Turnstone. Live music by The Snyder’s and Acme Blues Band.
Woody Classic Golf Outing
When: Tee-off at 1:30 p.m. July 14, 2018;
Where: Noble Hawk Golf Course, 3005 Noble Hawk Dr, Kendallville, 46755
Cost: $65 per person scramble format – shotgun start with four persons per team; checks should be made payable to Noble Hawk Golf Course and turned in with sign up sheet to Noble Hawk Golf Course or to Nick Pentsos, email@example.com; all teams must be registered by Friday, July 1.
This event is in memory of Mike Woodward and his family is generously donating the proceeds to Cancer Services for the 3rd year!
So, if you enjoy golf and like to help others while doing so, please consider attending this event. For more information, call 260-347-2071.
Lemonade Day is a national youth entrepreneurship program that teaches young people how to start, own and operate their own businesses through setting up a lemonade stand. The community-wide Lemonade Day took place on May 19, and three young entrepreneurs decided to donate their profits to Cancer Services. Thank you to Brenna Meyer and Maris and Milena Williams for your incredible display of generosity!
We are less than a month away from the 2018 Lapper and Survivors Day Celebration on May 12, 2018, and it is our hope you will join us to honor and memorialize local people touched by cancer.
As we approach this year’s community event, here is what you need to know:
What: Lapper 2018 and Survivors Day Celebration
When: Saturday, May 12, 2018
Where: Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana, Brotherhood Office Park, 6316 Mutual Drive, Fort Wayne, IN 46825
9:00 AM to 9:30 AM – Check-in
9:30 AM – Program Starts
10 AM – Walk Begins
11 AM – Survivors Day Celebration featuring food and fun for the entire family!
How to register for Lapper 2018 online:
Visit lapper2018.everydayhero.do. To register for Lapper 2018 , click “Register and Fundraise.” Once you have confirmed your online registration, you will be able to create a team or join an existing team from your fundraising page. If you prefer to register via pen and paper, please visit Cancer Services, 6316 Mutual Drive, to pick up a participant brochure.
How to receive a commemorative 2018 Lapper t-shirt:
Raise $35 by May 1 to receive a commemorative Lapper t-shirt.
This year’s theme acknowledges how a community of supporters have come together for more than 16 years to help local people touched by cancer through the Lapper fundraising walk. Our roots grow deep.
Where to park:
Parking will be available throughout the Brotherhood Office Park. There will be parking coordinators and signage to help you find a spot!
How long is the walk:
The walking trail is slightly less than a mile. While you are more than welcomed to take more than one lap, it really is your decision! The Survivors Day Celebration featuring food, games, and music for the entire family will begin at 11 a.m.
Survivors Day Activities
- Guided tours of Cancer Services’ facility
- Skyline Chili Coney Dogs
- Shaved ice provided by Kona Ice (while supplies last!)
- Take individual and team photos with event photographer Doug Dalton of Double D Photography
- Free chair massages
- Auggie the Doggie kissing booth
- Face Painting
- Kids craft table
- Bounce House and other games
- Live music
Call Keiara Carr, 484-9560, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope to see you there!
The Lapper is a fundraising walk for Cancer Services to honor or memorialize a loved one touched by cancer. After the walk, we come together for the Survivors Day Celebration featuring food, music and fun for the entire family!
Start fundraising on your own or create a team to join you for the Lapper walk on May 12, 2018. Raise $35 by May 1 to receive a commemorative t-shirt. Start fundraising today at lapper2018.everydayhero.do, or click the header above.
How will your contribution help?
The money raised stays in our community. You and your team of community supporters can make a difference:
- $50 can provide one wig for a client who has lost their hair due to treatment.
- $100 can provide one month of nutritional supplement for a client undergoing chemotherapy.
- $250 can provide four oncology massages from one of Cancer Services’ certified oncology massage therapists.
- $500 can provide financial assistance to a client paying for nausea and pain medicine.
- $1,000 can ensure a client receives a year of practical and emotional support.