Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana is seeking a full-time Outreach Coordinator to build relationships with potential partners and funders and communicate the mission and vision of the organization. This individual will also serve as the agency’s volunteer coordinator and will assist with marketing and fund development efforts.
Reports to: Director of Development and Marketing
Work Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday with some evening and weekend hours required.
Job Summary: The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for outreach efforts, including public speaking and presentations to community groups, volunteer coordination, as well as assisting with marketing and development efforts.
- Communicate with a wide variety of community groups to increase awareness of Cancer Services and the agency’s programs and services.
- Visit and build relationships throughout 11-county service area
- Coordinate the agency’s volunteer program, including recruitment and stewardship of volunteers
- Ensure broad and active participation in health fairs
- Serve as the primary contact and provide support and encouragement to outside groups or individuals wanting to organize fundraisers benefiting Cancer Service
- Maintain donor and volunteer database, including data entry, report queries and data analysis.
- Assist with development efforts, including donor and sponsorship prospect research, requests and stewardship.
- Provide administrative support for all development activities, including appeal mailings, grant applications and fundraising campaigns.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field of study
- Three years of work experience in development, marketing, communications, or public relations
- Experience using social media for marketing or public relations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce or other donor software or CRM platform
- Must have a current, active driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to spend 50% of work time traveling
- Outstanding written communication and public speaking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people from all walks of life
- Ability to interact thoughtfully and work harmoniously with staff, donors, clients, volunteers and general public
- Must be able to handle difficult individuals in a courteous manner
- Ability to handle stress and remain calm
- Exceptionally skilled at handling multiple tasks simultaneously, discerning work priorities and meeting deadlines
- Ability to adapt to change and demonstrate flexibility
- Exceptional follow up and proactive approach
- Exceptionally well organized and adept with scheduling and record keeping
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and high volume environment
- Must be able to maintain confidential information
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Stacey Stumpf at firstname.lastname@example.org.