June 3, 2020
Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana is seeking a full-time Outreach Coordinator to build relationships with potential partners and funders and communicate the mission and vision of the organization. This individual will also serve as the agencyâ€™s volunteer coordinator and will assist with marketing and fund development efforts.
Reports to: Director of Development and Marketing
Work Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday with some evening and weekend hours required.
Job Summary: The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for outreach efforts, including public speaking and presentations to community groups, recruiting volunteers, as well as assisting with marketing and development efforts.
- Communicate with a wide variety of community groups to increase awareness of Cancer Services and the agencyâ€™s programs and services.
- Visit and build relationships throughout 11-county service area
- Coordinate the agencyâ€™s volunteer program, including recruitment and stewardship of volunteers
- Ensure broad and active participation in health fairs
- Serve as the primary contact and provide support and encouragement to outside groups or individuals wanting to organize fundraisers benefiting Cancer Service
- Maintain donor and volunteer database, including data entry, report queries and data analysis.
- Assist with development efforts, including donor and sponsorship prospect research and stewardship.
- Provide administrative support for all development activities, including appeal mailings, grant applications and fundraising campaigns.
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in relevant field of study
- Three years of work experience in development, marketing, communications, or public relations
- Experience using social media for marketing or public relations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Raiserâ€™s Edge, Salesforce or other donor software or CRM platform
- Must have a current, active driverâ€™s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to spend 50% of work time traveling
- Outstanding written communication and public speaking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people from all walks of life
- Ability to interact thoughtfully and work harmoniously with staff, donors, clients, volunteers and general public
- Must be able to handle difficult individuals in a courteous manner
- Ability to handle stress and remain calm
- Exceptionally skilled at handling multiple tasks simultaneously, discerning work priorities and meeting deadlines
- Ability to adapt to change and demonstrate flexibility
- Exceptional follow up and proactive approach
- Exceptionally well organized and adept with scheduling and record keeping
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and high volume environment
- Must be able to maintain confidential information
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Stacey Stumpf at email@example.com.